Save the date to attend the 2014 NAfME Collegiate Advocacy Summit, June 26-28!
Every year in June, leaders from NAfME state music education associations convene in Washington DC to educate lawmakers on the importance of music education for all students. 2013 was our most successful advocacy day to date, with record participation by state MEA delegations. In addition, NAfME was able to include collegiate delegates for the first time. In 2014, we welcome all collegiate members to join state delegations to advocate for music education on Capitol Hill!
Details of NAfME Hill Day 2014 – Collegiate Leadership Summit:
- The Summit is a three-day event, including an evening orientation on June 26, Hill Day and reception on June 27, and a half-day leadership training on June 28.
- Collegiate attendees will receive an introduction to advocacy overview, with professional development and policy training targeted at increasing their effectiveness as music education advocates, first-year teachers, and leaders for the profession.
- Collegiate members will be a part of state delegations as they visit their state legislators on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
- Collegiate members will also enjoy an evening with the NAfME national and state leadership with our annual evening reception and awards dinner following their day of advocacy.
- Collegiate members will receive advocacy materials, Hill Day briefing materials, and professional development training materials
Reserve your spot today!